Old 03-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Alan Holmes

Default Squirrel digging up my pots ARRRGGHH

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"bigboard" wrote in message
dommy wrote:
Hello everybody,

I have this problem. There are three of them now, they are called
squirrels but are really just rats with bushy tails.

I have grown some seedlings in pots but the little buggers keep

digging
in the pots and sometimes even kill the seedling by jumping on them.

I have tried chille powder, chillies chopped up, peppers, but they
still keep digging.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance.
--
dommy

It may not suit everybody, but I would shoot them with my air rifle.
It's fairly permanent!

.. and you can eat them.

What do you do with them?

The year before last I must have killed about twenty, at first I used to
put them in a plastic carrier and stick them in the dustbin, then I
thought it was rather wasteful on carrier bags so I started to collect
two or hree before depositing them in the bin. One day, having
bagged several, I went down the garden and couldn't find the damned
bag anywhere, my first thought was that I hadn't been all that successful
in killing them, then I saw the bag some way away, it had been
carefully opened and the contents were missing, I came to the
conclusion that foxes had taken them. So after that I used to just leave
them outside where the foxes could get at them.

But, as I drown them, can they be eaten after that?

How does one prepare them?

Alan