Old 03-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Alan Holmes

Default Squirrel digging up my pots ARRRGGHH

"redclay" wrote in message

dommy wrote in message
I have this problem. There are three of them now, they are called
squirrels but are really just rats with bushy tails.
I have grown some seedlings in pots but the little buggers keep digging
in the pots and sometimes even kill the seedling by jumping on them.
I have tried chille powder, chillies chopped up, peppers, but they
still keep digging.
Any suggestions?

First off a cat will try a squirrel once and then realize that the little
tree-rat is too tough and then just sit and watch them.

One of the cats which inhabit my garden obviously doesn't know that, I
was ammazed one day when one squirrel started running like mad,
it was being chased by a cat, the trouble was the squirrel was too
damned fast fiort he cat to catch it.

Alan