Old 03-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Dohhh !!!

Default Shareholders Pond is a Disaster

How diddily and doo da day campers!

It's been a while since I've posted on the news groups and since the wife
and I are planning a new pond I've been reading A LOT! ;-)
I have one thing to say about our proposed project ........ OOOYYYYYY !!!!!
Heck, just now I read this particular thread about 3 times and it would seem
to me, if I'm reading this right (after all it's late heheh), that the pump
you have can't be hooked up to the piping for your bottom drain. That in
itself is a shame, cause that's what I had in mind to help the maintenance
aspect of our design: a bottom drain ( filtration suction ) to suck out all
the raucus out of the pond and an overflow chamber / settling tank with
maybe a short waterfall / overflow type thingy.
Seeing how I know nothing about this stuff, I may be way off base here, but
would a different pump be what you need? Something that you can hook to
your bottom drain piping and suck the junk into your VF? Or is another pump
a major expense? I have priced absolutely nothing for ponds as of yet.
PS - Good luck with it !
~~~
If you make something idiot-proof, they'll just come up with a better idiot
!

Benign Vanilla wrote in
message ...
I hooked the check valve up tonight and tossed in the pump. In a few

minutes
I had an empty VF and an overflowing pond. It appears the VF input pipe

that
is attached to the bottom drain is too high, so the water was flowing back

snip