Old 24-01-2003, 01:47 AM
animaux

Default Blueberries in a pot

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:14:12 GMT, zhanataya wrote:

I've been rounding up information on apples and cross pollinators for
my brother. One of the things you must consider in pollinating apples
is the season of bloom. Wouldn't do much good to buy an early bloomer
and a late bloomer aand expect much cross pollination. Is this going
to be a concern for blueberries?

zhan

Usually the quality garden center/nurseries will tell you which varieties will
bloom at the same time and in your climate. I have a peach tree 'Dixieland' and
two apple trees, 'Mollies Delicious' and 'Granny Smith.' Those bloom at the
same time and will cross pollinate. I'm not sure about blueberry varieties, but
if you need two, they both should be in bloom together.