Old 03-05-2003, 11:20 AM
simfan

Default Neglected roses

Thank you for the links. It seems likely problems are due to nitrogen and
molybdenum deficiency.
I'll start a photographic record immediately to diagnose.

What's a good simple organic way to neutralize acidic soil?

SF

Cass wrote:

In article , simfan
wrote:

Thanks. I'll take advantage of the good weather and do it now.

I've posted a message in rec.gardens titled "Need help with yellow leaves
problem" which has got no response. Do you think you might help me out here,
too?

What is the yellow leaves problem? A number of nutritional issues cause
yellowing, but each one is a bit different. Sometimes the new leaves
have a yellow tint with green veins. That's chlorosis. Sometimes the
bottom leaflets on a stem yellow and drop when the rose is in vigorous
growth mode.

Here are textual descriptions that make you into a hypochondriac:

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/g...een/diagn.html

http://www.primalseeds.org/nutrients.htm