Old 03-05-2003, 12:56 PM

Default Hydroseeding: Some Basic Questions On ?

"Robert11" wrote:
Hello:

Have to hire someone to re-seed "parts" of my lawn.

Have heard about hydroseeding, but know nothing about it. (live outside
of Boston)

a. exactly what is it ?

It's a delivery system. Seed,fertilizer and mulch are srayed on
with high volume.

b. does it require "roughening up" the soil first ?

Yes,the seed -must- be in contact with the soil. (not dead turf)

c. better than other methods ? Why ?

It eliminates the need for straw,and the weeds that come along with it.
It works real well.

d. more expensive than other methods ? (what might be typ. costs per
square ft ?)

Not that much more than conventional methods.

And, I guess, I should also ask what to look for if contracting for some
company
to do it ?

The yellow pages? Ask for references.

--