Old 03-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Ken

Default Pruning Azaleas (Formosa) - Help

How much should they be pruned? I planted some last fall and they are about
2 feet high. They just finished blooming. I read an article that stated you
should prune them "lightly", but didn't define the term "lightly".

"Marcy Hege" wrote in message
My experience with azaleas (Formosa and others) is that there are dormant

leaf
buds all along the branches. When a cut is made, the branch will send out
shoots from the point of the cut and leaves will also develop along the

branch.

Azalea pruning should be done soon after bloom is completed to avoid

pruning
next season's buds.