Old 03-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default Hosta -- Hail Damage

(TYbarmea) wrote:

Had a hail storm come through here and many of my Hosta's were beat hard --
ripped leaves, broken stems -- Should I leave them alone, or cut them back?

Cut off the broken stems, at least, now.

If a leaf is ripped, trim the tattered dangling bits off. When
you get new foliage, trim the damaged leaves off.

Sometimes you can reshape a leaf with tip damage - trim it into a
sort of leaf-shape, just inside the damaged part.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both