Old 03-05-2003, 04:32 PM
James

Default Lighting for a 180Gallon Freshwater tank

I am replacing my JBJ lighting system that currently has 6 96Watt 10K
PC bulbs, to a larger one fixture system that will hang above the 6
foot tank. This new fixture will have 3 250Watt Double ended bulbs,
and 2 58Watt fluorescent bulbs.

Can you tell me what the best K bulbs I should use. My understanding
is that I can get anywhere from 5800K - 6800K MH bulbs, but I think
the only one that comes in the double ended style is a 6000K bulb.

SHould I mix it up with 2 6000K and 1 10K bulb?
I think if I used all 10K MH Bulbs it would be to bright/white. If I
use all 6000K bulbs will it be to yellow?

I also wonder what Fluorescent bulbs should I get? They are approx
6 feet long but thin. I don't the rating on them other then they
handle 58 W bulbs.

Any help you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
James