Old 20-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Gilgamesh

Default Power stats for Forage Harvesters

"Oz" wrote in message
Jim Webster writes
Oz wrote in message
Dean Hoffman writes

. I think a human in good shape can put out about
about 1/3 horsepower. Let's see, 150 divided by 3 equals 450 people

equals
900 feet compacting the ground.

'Good shape'! I expect the average continuous output for a city

dweller
might be significantly less, probably more like 100W. That puts you up
to 1500 people with 3000 feet. Hmm if each eats 1 kg grains a day then
just feeding them for a year will cost you 600T! Do you think they

would
expect clothes and heating as well?

Doesn't seem very efficient to me, but a heck of a good-sized hoeing
gang.

remember to add in the administration and motivation costs as well.
overseers with whips don't come cheap :-))

Dang it, you always see the downside ......

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.

Don't give up - I'm sure there are plenty who would pay to get a chance with
the whip (on either side, too).

--
May glorious Shamash make his face to shine upon you

Gilgamesh of Uruk
(Include Enkidu in the subject line to avoid the spam trap)