Old 03-05-2003, 07:56 PM
ned

Default My neighbours big plum tree.

dommy wrote:
Hello again everybody. My neighbour has a plum tree which produces
green plums. It is fairly high. However in the past two years i have
been getting little plants popping out everywhere in my garden and i
think they could be the plum tree sending out runners. Is this
possible.

When i tried to pull them out, i had to struggle as the are really
woody even though they are only about a foot high. I was just
wondering if it could be her tree.

More than likely.
I was quite pleased when the two mature and neglected plum trees which
we inherited, started to split in two, and justified removing them.
Left to themselves we would have ended up with a plum forest.
Pulling the suckers is no solution. Spot treatment with a brushwood
herbicide is the only way.

--
ned