Old 03-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Pete The Gardener

Default Hose pipe bans

On 3 May 2003 12:49:11 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
John Towill wrote:

Reading the thread "Water butts do they save money" made me wonder as to
what exactly constitutes a hose pipe.
If I make a permanent connection to my water mains to carry water down the
garden does that constitute a hose pipe? If I now connect it to a watering
system will that be banned?
Just wondered.

Yes.

In the Thames Water area at least it depends on the wording of the
ban. When they banned hosepipes some years ago we called them up to
check if our fixed irrigation systems were covered. After some
deliberation they decided that they weren't, but that if it had said
that sprinklers were banned then we would have had to stop using the
systems.

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.