Old 03-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Frogleg

Default Prune coriander for more leaves?

On 2 May 2003 08:52:49 -0700, (George Bray)
wrote:

I've had moderate success in growing coriander from seeds, both in my
UK garden and in pots indoors. But the plants are not even 10% as
'dense' in terms of leaves and stems as the bunches you can buy from
Indian grocers, amongst other places. I've noticed from the grocers'
boxes that one of the sources of their coriander is sunny Cyprus. I'm
already using seeds marked as appropriate 'for leaves'.

Any ideas on how one can increase the density? Is frequent pruning the
answer, like a hedge, or is a Mediterranean climate the more likely
reason for the Cypriot supplier's success?

I know what you mean grocery bundles. Pruning isn't going to help.
Successive planting to insure a decent supply is the best I've been
able to do. Note: bundles that come with roots attached are composed
of many plants. To have a bunch, you must grow a bunch. :-)