Old 03-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Sacha

Default A new garden in six weeks - HELP!

in article , Steve North at
wrote on 3/5/03 12:31 am:

My house is going up for sale in six weeks and to improve its
sellability I need to do a makeover of the totally neglected and bare
back garden. Needless to say it must be as low budget as possible. I
have tall brick walls to the rear and one side of the garden and the
garden is just turfed with no flowers, trees etc. So, I would be
grateful for any ideas for pretty, budget plants or flowers that will
look nice. They only have to last for this summer but will obviously
have to grow quick or be bought half grown for me to get it finished
in six weeks. I particularly would like to hide the brick walls, so
ideas for this would be good..

Don't even try. Leave it clean and weed free, grass mown and that's it. Do
not even attempt to cover up something so lovely as brick walls for which
many people would kill! Let them shine.
Get rid of any garden rubbish, broken toys, old bonfire heaps, dead bikes,
that sort of thing, if they're there.
Your new buyers will look at it as they look at the rest of the property - a
blank canvas. Just make it clean and tidy and save yourself money. Same goes
for the house. Clean and tidy, so people can let their imaginations run
free.
Sacha