Old 04-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Alan Holmes

Default Wild birds

"David" wrote in message
In article , Alan Holmes alan@holmes-
g4crw.freeserve.co.uk writes

The decline in wild birds in my garden was due to the influx of magpies,
they
caused the complete destruction of the birds, the cats didn't get a look

in.

How do you know that Alan?

I missed this the first time round.

I and a friend have witnessed magpies attacking small birds nests, and
when the magpies moved into our garden there was a good surplus of
small birds but after a short while the small bird population dissapeared.
Work it out for yourself!

The cats were there for years before the magpies and there were a
large number of small birds in spite of the cats.

Alan