Old 04-05-2003, 06:44 AM
Gen

Default Division of ornamental grasses

Peter,
I was planing to cheat a bit and get "two for one" before I planted it
in the ground!!

"Wallaby" wrote in message ...
I also have this growing but in the ground. When in the ground it appears
to send out side shoots if you pull apart the foliage. I seem to grow this
quite easy by pulling these apart and potting into 6" tubes. When? I try
any time, but then I'm not ripping the plant apart as you might as its in a
pot. Try taking from the edges. Great plants Lomandra. Saw a new one at
Mount Annan Bot garden; it looks like a grass tree without the trunk. Rare
it comes from the Sydney region around the Nth or Sth head region.
Cheers Peter

"Gen" wrote in message
om...
I have a failrly large pot of Lomandra Confertifolia and was wondering
how and when to divide it ?
Any other helpful suggestions would be appreciated.