Old 04-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Repeating Decimal

Default Beneficial critters

At a local meeting of the California Rare Fruit Growers (CRFG) today, I
bought some decollate snails, beneficial nematodes, and ladybugs. I plan to
distribute the snails and nematodes in what I call a garden.

The lady bugs are going into my small 8 by 10 foot greenhouse. I hope they
get ride of some white flies that are about 1 mm in size. I don't know if
they will provide enough food to keep them happy.

I grow mostly tomatoes hydroponicly in Dutch pots filled with clay pellets
and coconut fiber. It can get pretty hot in there, 90 deg F +. I do try to
use a swamp cooler when that happens. I would appreciate suggestions on how
to keep the ladybugs happy and health. What about supplemental food and
environment?

Bill