Old 04-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Frogleg

Default How Soon To Plant After Using Roundup?

On Sun, 04 May 2003 14:13:14 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

wrote
I'm in the process of clearing a grassy area near my house. I've
applied Roundup to kill the grass and will either remove the dead
grass completely or just turn it over. I plan to put ornamental
shrubs and some perennials in this area after the bed if prepared.
How long should I wait before putting in the new plants?

What did the label say?

Ditto. My vague recollection is that it takes just 2-3 days for
Roundup to break down(!), and certainly plants (weeds) grow and thrive
very shortly after the treated ones shrivel and brown. By the time you
clear the dead stuff, it *should* be fine. But do check the label.