Old 04-05-2003, 05:44 PM
conrad h heibel

Default Compost bin...

Brigette,

For an almost free compost pile holder, find a supply of used pallets.
Some places will be more than happy for you to remove them or charge you a
couple bucks apiece. Place three on edge to form three sode of a square.
Use some heavy wire to join them. With a fourth, make wire hinges and join
it to the other three. Use a large eye hook and eye to ''lock''. When you
need to turn or empty, just open the ''gate''. you could use a series of
them connected and when you turn the compost, you turn it from one pile or
section into the other. Keep covered with a tarp. Moxie

"Brigitte J." wrote in message
news
I'm thinking about making a compost bin for my organic waste and grass
clippings.

First, I need advice on how to build it, what materials to use, and what
size should it be.

Second, do I need to be concerned with dandilions and their seeds getting
into my compost bin from my grass clippings? Will they end up germinating
on my lawn later and causing me more weeds?

And and all advice/tips are appreciated.

Thanks,
Brigitte

BTW, I got my mowers running properly. I suspect that I was trying to cut
too much grass at once. (Thanks to all those who gave me advice on the
lawnmower issues)