Old 04-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Hussein M.

Default English bluebells

On Sat, 3 May 2003 19:05:27 +0100, "Rod"
wrote:

IMHO the real danger (if it really matters that much anyway) is people
dumping unwanted bluebells in the countryside and of misguided
'conservationists' buying or obtaining bluebells of unknown provenance to
'restore' a bluebell wood.

There is a bulk bulb supplier called Florajacs and I once upon a
time took up their Special Offer which was an assortment including
"Aconites" (why didn't they say Eranthis?) and "Bluebells".

The Eranthis hyemalis haven't yet flowered though Eranthis bought
from another supplier are doing well and, yes, the bluebells were
Spanish.

In bulk Florajacs are, of course, cheap. I can therefore well
imagine someone planting loads of "Bluebells" purchased from them and
imagining they have started an English bluebell colony.

Hussein

Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.