Old 05-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Warren

Default NO TIME FOR poor quality tools

Tom Jaszewski wrote:
Please translate that one? Other than Sears being f-ed up, what's
wrong with Kenmore/Whirlpool? Both are consistently at the top of
their class in Consumer Reports..

Kenmore and Whirlpool are not synonymous. Kenmore is nothing more than a
store brand slapped onto appliances built by someone else. Whirlpool, GE
and Maytag are just some of the companies that make various products
that carry the Kenmore label. The question becomes: Are Kenmore versions
less expensive than the name brand because they take short-cuts for
Sears, or do they cost less because Sears passes along a buy-in-bulk
costs to the consumer." My guess is that it's the former.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.