Old 05-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Kathy

Default Starting a raspberry patch?

Can anyone recommend a mail order nursery to buy raspberries from? And
what veriety to order?
I have some, but they are wild, I'd like to add some regular types to
my row. I'm in Michigan.
TIA
Kathy

They fruit on one year old wood. Ever bearers will fruit again

in
the
summer on the previous falls bearing wood.

To propogate just dig up some suckers, leaving some root on the

sucker.
Plant them in the ground in early spring/late winter (now).

If you want to try propogating from a wood cutting (suckers are

easier
and
your neighbor will probably have plenty), look for a 12-24"

piece
with a
few
buds, burry one or two below ground in a slit trench (just a 6"

deep
slit in
well cultivated organic rich soil).

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
The question is: how to I root the cuttings? How are the

existing
plants pruned? (Do they fruit on new wood or year-old wood?)