Old 05-05-2003, 09:44 AM
JennyC

Default Plant Aftercare

"Fenny" k wrote in
message ...
I have plenty of books that tell me how to sow seeds, take cuttings,
graft, layer or otherwise propagate my plants, but none of them seem

cover the aftercare of plants once they have rooted. Does anyone

know
of a book / URL that covers potting on, hardening off, lifting of
hardwood cuttings etc? Getting them to germinate is only the first

bit
of the process.

Thanks Fenny

Hi Fenny

Generally speaking cuttings can be potted on when they have a
reasonably well established root ball.
Hardening off is probably about the same as with seedlings that come
out of the GH.
Hardwood cuttings should hold onto the ground when you try to pull
them up - this means that the root ball is developed.

But your best bet is probably to go to google's advanced search :
http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en an look for info on each
type of cutting you have.

Jenny