Old 05-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Judanne

Default Avacado's

What about asking the local Agriculture Department? Are you close to any
agricultural colleges? The Seymour area has one of the highest daylighting
levels in Victoria, so if you are around there, you could be o.k. Just be
aware that they are frost tender and need plenty of shade in the early
years. So maybe a canopy of shadecloth over the trees?

Judanne

"Janine Smith" wrote in message
. ..
My fiance and I have just bought a house in Northern Victoria in Australia
and want to grow Avacado's. They do not grow very well in the cooler

climate
but we have been told that there are one or two varieties that grow better
than any of the others. Does anyone know what the nameof these trees are?
Thanks. Janine and Greg.