Old 05-05-2003, 02:45 PM
dave @ stejonda

Default Comfrey as a Green Fertilizer?

In message ,
Computerman writes
I have a small veg patch (48 sq ft) that is "tired" through, I believe, not
enough variety of crop, plus failure to rotate crops sufficiently.

Someone has suggested a year under a green fertilizer and has suggested
comfrey. I know nothing about this and would welcome some advice (ie can
comfrey be used for this? If not, what alternatives would you suggest?)

If this is a workable solution, can I rotovate comfrey into the soil at the
end of the season so that the garden is ready for veg next spring?

Each piece of Comfrey root would grow into a new plant - & it's
perennial.

For more information on Comfrey see
http://www.futurefoods.com/comfrey.html

See http://www.hdra.org.uk/grn_mans.htm for alternative green manures.

--
dave @ stejonda

?why do Americans chatter during London West End Theatre?