Old 05-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Marc Stephenson

Default Xeriscapers

In article ,
Steve Coyle wrote:

With the exception of Oleanders I like just about everything on
the Grow Green plant list. My personal taste runs to Black Foot
Daisies, Four Nerve Daisies, Zexmenia, Plumbagos, Santolina,
Artemesias, Oreganos, Rosemary, a host of Salvias, Yaupons, Mexican
Feather grass, and a handful of others depending on the color scheme.

That sounds like my front yard (though my santolina and artemesia fell
victim to poor drainage).

Following up on Steve's Grow Green reference:
I've mentioned it before, but the Grow Green publication "Native and Adapted
Landscape Plants, an Earthwise Guide for Central Texas" is thorough, relevant,
easy-to-read, and FREE! 40 pages of photos and information, including
height, spread, light, evergreen/deciduous, flower season, color, water,
availability, maintenance (includes some pruning instructions), comments,
and checklists for Texas native, wildllife, and deer resistance. Hard to
beat for free. Available at nurseries and box stores in Austin.

http://www.growgreen.org

The same information and photos that are in the book are available in
PDF form in sections online (under the Plant List link) broken out into
six sections (trees, shrubs, vines, etc).

I'd recommend it for anyone looking to add area-appropriate plantings.
--
Marc Stephenson IBM Server Group - Austin,TX
T/L: 678-3189