Old 05-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Barbara

Default Anyone in Germantown/Gaithersburg, MD interested in joining a native plants/edible herbs group?

Any native plant enthusiasts out there interested in joining a group
devoted to learning more about the edible wild plants in our area?
Recently we have been stalking the wild asparagus (remember that great
Euell Gibbons book?) Although we didn't have too much lock finding
asparagus, we did find a mystery plant we later identified asGarlic
Mustard, (Alliarea Petiolata, as well as catnip, Great Burdock,
Stinging Nettle. It's fun to go on field trips and learn from each
other. As for Garlic Mustard, if you crush the leaves, it smells
garlicky, and is great for making pesto. Hoping to hear from others
in the Germantown or Gaithersburg, MD, area interested in joining us
to learn more about our native plants.