Old 05-05-2003, 10:57 PM

Default Help w/ stud finders please(long)

"Charles Allard" wrote:
I just purchased the more expensive of the two Zircon stud finders that

were available. I was embarrassed that I could not get it to work either.
Now I don't feel as bad. Incidentally I tried the plastic unit that has
an imbedded magnet in it and that did not work either. My walls are
sheetrock with a plaster skim coat. Maybe that may have something to do
with it. My solution was to buy one of those plastic anchors which worked
without finding the stud.

Usually if you can find one stud,you can measure to a 16 or 19 inch center,
to the next one. I have one of those 'finders' and it works pretty well,
seems to need the right touch though. You have to hold it flat on the wall,
away from a stud,first,then slide it slowly while watching the leds. It's
trying to measure desnsity.

--
Don't crush em..restore em.