Old 05-05-2003, 10:57 PM
Ken Shelton

Default Synthetic Oil vs. Pertolium Based Oil

Normally a 30 weight high-detergent oil is the best oil to use in any air
cooled engine.

If you use it in the winter time for snow-throwing or plowing 10w30 will be
a good choice for the winter.

Save your money on the synthetics.

Ken Shelton

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=8825968

wrote in message
I have purchased a John Deere LX 277 with a 18 h.p. Kawasaki motor. I am
contemplating using Castrol Synthetic oil in the new lawn tractor when I
change the break in oil.

MY QUESTION: Are there are any benefits to using synthetic motor oil in
a small air cooled engine........or would I be spending more money for
an oil that yields no added benefits over conventional petroleum based
John Deere brand oil.