Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Jeff Cochran

Default Do I Prune Crepe Myrtle or Not???

My Crepe Myrtle is 2yrs. in my garden.This was the first year it
bloomed.So......Pretty!!! I don't want to do anything to destroy the blooms
for next year so what do I do??Prune or not to Prune??? Thanks

Pruning is fine for Crepe Myrtles. Depending on where you live you
can prune anytime, but don't prune more than a third of the plant.
You'll possibly see a slight decrease in blooms, but if the plant is
healthy, it will bounce back. If it's older, pruning may actually
increase blooms as more area is exposed to light.

Jeff