Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM

Default new help repairing lawn in wintertime

(flip) wrote:
We're putting out home up for sale in about two weeks and I've run
across a
problem: right front and center in our front lawn is a circular dead
spot
about 6' in diamter. It's really ugly (and was caused by having to
put a
ton of dirt there during another repair job ...) and has got to go.
But
what can I do about it now? I live in the northeast and the ground is
frozen. Local garden center says I'm out of luck, that I couldn't
even buy sod now if I wanted to. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks
much!!!

As far as plant material,the garden center is right. How about making a
raised bed out of it. Soil and mulch are available,add a large rock,maybe
some drift wood and some other ornamental goodies.

Cosmetic cure in a deep freeze.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/ --------------------