Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM

Default It's that time again: Zero turn mowers

" wrote:
Last year I looked into zero-turn mowers: Grasshopper and Exmark. In
the end, I was put off by the price: $7,000.

This year, I am getting the bug again. Someone recommended Dixon.
A decent Dixon model (4423) goes for about $3500 (is that about right,
or can it be haggled?), and I can get $2k on trade for my John Deere.
And they have a nice 6-months zero interest on the balance.

Anyone here have experience with the Dixons?
My lawn is about 2 acres, with about 50 trees.

They also make a 4500 "Estate" mower. Not sure if I would need that
or not.

Any advice is appreciated.

That seems too cheap,for new gear. 50 trees might be tough on the
transmission,on that low end model. (?)

With that many trees,you might want to look at a front mower. You can run
the deck right up to the tree trunk,without getting hit in the head with
limbs as much.

Just a thought.

--
Go#40 42 12