Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Tim Fischer

Default It's that time again: Zero turn mowers

wrote in message
news
Last year I looked into zero-turn mowers: Grasshopper and Exmark. In
the end, I was put off by the price: $7,000.

This isn't what you asked, but I'm *very* happy with my ZTR John Deere SST16
I bought last summer. It uses a "standard" steering wheel instead of the
two levers/pedals used by other ZTR systems, and is much more intuitive to
drive. It cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $3600.

If you have (even slightly) hilly property, make sure you buy the traction
(weight) kit or you won't be happy.

-Tim