Old 06-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Bob Adkins

Default NO TIME FOR poor quality tools

about every other brand working at someone else's shop. Craftsman isn't in
my shop. And along those lines Kenmore isn't in my laundry room or kitchen
anymore either.

How about Whirlpool? I think they are labeling Kenmore just now. Did you
know that Sears manufactures absolutely nothing?

Different manufacturers make Craftsman hand tools as well. Some have been
excellent, some pretty bad over the years. I don't go by the brand name. I
go by the quality. You DO know a good tool when you see one, don't you? When
you see good tools at a great price, swallow your pride and pay less for
them.

At times, Craftsman quality has been fabulous, and may be again some day. I
have a 25 year old socket set that is every bit as good as Snap-On. Wouldn't
take nothing for it.

Right now, I must agree that Craftsman quality is not too good overall. I
did recently buy a good Craftsman vise, and I like those laminated pliers.
Man, those babies are pricey. I'll have to wait for a sale or something.

Bob