Old 06-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Timothy

Default Dethatcher in the rain?

On Mon, 05 May 2003 13:46:24 -0400, David J. Bockman wrote:

Respectfully, I have to disagree. I've dethatched lawns that have *never*
been dethatched previously (40 years plus), and while enormous piles of
thatch come up, close examination revealed no live grass at all. Perhaps
your tines are set to dig too low? Anyway, that's been my experience.

sniped

There maybe no grass above the dirt true, but the rhizomes ( if that
varity has them ) will still be left there. They will return with a little
time. When thatching to remove weeds and thatch you don't need to scalp
the lawn all too much. If your trying to change the grass varity, then
spraying is best. These are my experiences with thatching here in the Pnw
at least.

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com