Old 06-05-2003, 02:21 AM
madgardener

Default Ticks, Ticks and more Ticks

honey, the ticks are also on the BIRDS, and the ticks drop outa the trees
onto me........I saw a show on the preditor bugs that likes blood on
Discovery, and the ticks literally hang on the ends of grasses waiting for
some unsuspecting warm blooded whatever to brush thru the grasses to
land....they have little grappling hooks for feeties.....and as I was
walking to the car UNDER the black cherry tree, THREE ticks dropped onto me
from above, no cats or dog up THERE! g madgardener again............

"Lar" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...
We use flea and tick drops on the dogs. We have 3 dogs now.

Apparently the
drops don't deter the ticks from getting on the dogs. If you sit on

the
porch and swing, the dogs will come over and need a pat. You can SEE

the
friggin ticks walking around on their fur, the only dead ones are the

ones
that are attached.

You might check in at your local farm co-op or county
extension agency to see if you can get info on a
procedure that places stations around the property and
as the mice go in and out there will be a wick fed
liquid, such as what you apply by drops to your dogs
that will reduce the tick population that is helped
spread by the mice.
--
Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!