Old 06-05-2003, 02:22 AM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] Amur and Trident maple germinating differences

My season for collecting Maple seeds is as soon as the wings start to
turn brown. This can be as early as late July in my part of the world,
depending on species and weather.

I take cuttings as the new shoots harden.

Cheers

Kev Bailey

I have here on my desk 2 leaves and 4 seeds of "Acer sempervirens* or
maple form
Creta
it is a sort of trident maple small leaves quite hard like bay leaves
it is making
a lot of seeds actually ( May in Europe Geneva botanic garden )
I made a scan if you wish to see it
It only looses partially the leaves during the cold winther here
When should I collect seeds? september? they seems quite in advance
for the
season..
and making cuttings ? is june the best season for ?
thanks for your feed back
Theo

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++