Old 06-05-2003, 02:22 AM
~ jan

Default Do your levels drop in the spring?

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 15:33:26 +0000 (UTC), "James Cook" wrote:

I did read once though that the real hazard of tap water is that it is good
food for algae - does anyone have any scientific proof for this ?

Myth, tap water that is good enough for human consumption has less
nutrients in it than pond water. I believe Norm Meck talks about such in
one of his articles at:
http://www.koiclubsandiego.org/H2oQual.html
Perhaps the "Green Water" one or Water Change Outs.

If it appears one is getting an algae bloom after a water change out, it is
because they are changing out too much at one time. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a