Old 06-05-2003, 02:22 AM
Lee Brouillet

Default Congrats rec.ponds. Amazing newsgroup. Hats off.

Aw gee, shucks! People helped me when I started, and it's nice to pass on
what I've learned to others. I also appreciate the lack of "flame wars" . .
.. when I discuss "this and that" with my hubby, he'll say "And they didn't
get FLAMED???" He shakes his head when I say it's not like that around here.
So, where are the photos of Walhalla? Everyone's gotta share, now!

Lee

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
OK, so I'm probably fairly new, but still.

This is one of the newsgroups that keeps on "growing" if you pardon my

pun.

So much information, so few flame wars.

Sure, there is the occasional heated moment, but that's internet for you.

Still, so many nice folks (ahum, lots of them are female ), it stands
out.

Sure, I don't read every one of the 50.000 plus major newsgroups, but I do
read this one since 1998... and it's still the same great people like

K30a,
Lee Br, Jan, Bonny E. and... I forget a shitload of others. To all of

you
regulars, hats off :-) (and don't be offended about the list OK ?)

It's hard to address such a large audience, but ... uhm, to put it into
todays terms... respec ;-)

I've not been an active poster (sorry) but I learned so much from this NG,
it's almost scary. Sure the pond bug did bite me, I know about PORG, but
this NG made me think a few times. Teached me stuff... watercress

anyone
?

Anyway, this is not about my pond (although that one of course is so great
;-) ) but a salute to the people that continue to prove the internet is

not
just a big stupid mistake.

Cheers folks,

Theo