Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 AM
david

Default At what age did you get into gardening?

We were living in part of a house owned by the Old district nurse in North
Wales at the end if the war(39-45) and every Sunday I would go down To
"Nurse Owen" and would sit on her lap on a Sunday morning with a glass of
milk as she read me "Adam the gardener" from the "News of the World",
I had my own little garden, and started by sowing Cabbage seed, and as luck
would have it there were few cabbage plants around that spring so mine were
sold and thus I was started on gardening. It was about 4 years later when I
was introduced to Rabbit Snaring, and in those days the Rabbit man came
round 3 times a week buying rabbits which he crated up and sent by Train to
London, we used to get 1 shilling and 6 pence (1/6), which was a fortune in
those days.
How old was I? well this story started when I was just over 3 years of
age... and the rabbit part was just before I was 8 years old.
--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries