Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 AM
Alan Gould

Default At what age did you get into gardening?

In article 96f3435bd0545125d4d6f8720c00ac86@TeraNews, dommy dommy.mx4
writes
I had an interest since we did planting of runner beans and cress in
primary school. I was about 10. We had a pond in the school so i was
quite interested in gardening.

First plant i grew at home was a sunflower.

When did you start and what was your first experience?

Both my parents were keen gardeners so it was more or less congenital in
my case. A family fable has it that I pulled out, divided and re-planted
a clump of pinks in full flower at the age of four (over seventy years
ago now). One section of the plant was said to have survived the
experience. I have no recollection of the incident, but I strive to
improve on it!
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.