Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 AM
ogglet

Default Which shredder?

OOps correction it was £280.....£180 must have been what I told the wife!!

"ogglet" wrote in message
I asked a few friends what they thought when I was looking for a shredder.

The overriding p#opinion was that the Bosch type "Gear" shredder was the
type least prone to clogging & also its crushing action was better than a
cutting action with the added benefit of not needing to sharpen blades

etc.

I acti#ually borrowed a Large Bosch silent shredder & it was very good &
very quiet.

In the end however I bought an AL-KO Silent Power 5000

This operates on the same principle as the Bosch but is a little more
advanced in my opinion having a roller in conjunction with the gear.

I bought mine mail order off the net (I can give you the details if you
wish, I dont want to be accused of advrtising, I have no connection) I

think
it cost £180. delivered.

I am very pleased with it. It easily copes with green wood (mainly beech &
conifer) up to 40mm in Dia.

cheers

Ian