Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 AM
Elizabeth

Default At what age did you get into gardening?

"dommy" wrote in message
I had an interest since we did planting of runner beans and cress in
primary school. I was about 10. We had a pond in the school so i was
quite interested in gardening.

First plant i grew at home was a sunflower.

When did you start and what was your first experience?

I only really got into gardening in the last few years (now mid-20s), once I
moved into a place that had more than a windowsill.

Though back in Australia I grew a fabulous crop of zinnias as a child. I was
extremely proud of them and have a great picture of me standing next to them
with most of them up to my waist in brilliant mixed colours. I learned the
names of plants (mostly Australian natives) from my mother who has a mad
fascination for banksias, and I picked up how *not* to prune rhododendrons

Does anyone know if banksias grow over here? (my mum would be so proud if I
managed one)

Regards

Elizabeth