Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 AM
June Hughes

Default ally pally garden show

In article , Pete The Gardener
writes
On Mon, 5 May 2003 13:38:52 +0100, June Hughes
wrote:

I was there and didn't see Pete, so I am rather sad about that. My
friend only lives about 10 mins walk from AP, so it was a pleasant walk
yesterday, even though we were disappointed with the show.

Did you see the London Garden Society stand? If so, and if I was there
I was the one with the beard:-)

I am very sorry to say I did not see the London Garden Society stand and
I am even more sorry to say that I did not see you. I forgot all about
the Society in my annoyance at seeing so little for Sally's 14 quid.
(she insisted it was her turn to pay and as I had suggested we go, I
felt very embarrassed). Last year, I looked for you, knowing you would
be there, and missed you. This year, in my dotage, I forgot. I am so
sorry.

We saw the National Trust stand, as well as the Riverwood stand and a
stand for London wildlife (I forget the exact name). We saw the Big
Plant Nursery, Traders Club and Solid Soul - furniture with which I was
very impressed. We saw Hopleys Garden and Nursery and we saw the lovely
displays of flowers, to which various awards had been made, represented
by large printed cards showing their status in the show. Finally, we
saw the tree-houses, which were all very well, but what on earth do you
put underneath them?

As an extra, we saw the summer house, which, when we looked inside, was
full of ladders and other unnecessary equipment.

I purchased a pillow (of all things!) and am quite impressed with it.
Last year I bought a lean-to greenhouse (Access - nowhere to be seen
this year), a fabric wheelbarrow and various plants, as well as a
long-armed branch-lopper and other minor stuff.

Perhaps I shall see you at another show?
--
June Hughes