Old 06-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Rusty Mase

Default where to find nematodes/ diatomaceous earth

On Mon, 05 May 2003 20:06:32 -0500, (Joe Doe)
wrote:

Field Roebuck says it is calcined to get rid of impurities
(
http://froebuck.home.texas.net/toppage7.htm). It is then sintered to
fuse the diatomaceous particles to generate particles of more uniform size
suitable for filtration.

Totally amazing. I have a nice optical microscope and it looks like
the same stuff when you just look at it. But if you heat up amorphous
silica it does vitrify (crystalize) somewhat - but this topic gets so
complicated that I am no where smart enough to figure it out.

Did you know there are hundreds of forms of mineral (and sort of
mineral) silica. Beyond me folks. I used to think it was all just
sand.

Rusty Mase