Old 06-05-2003, 04:20 AM
B & J

Default Natural way to keep rabbits out ?

"SAS567" wrote in message

But,,, make sure the openings in the mesh part are very small. I thought I

had
my rabbit problem solved until I noticed a large amount of dill stalks

laying
on the ground, and many of my green beans chewed on. It was 2 baby

rabbits,
just small enough to fit through the holes. It didn't take very long,

though,
for them to grow too large to fit through the fence, on a feast of dill

and
green beans.
Sue in Mi. (zone 5)

I have a fence around my garden to keep out the deer, but a small rabbit
decided that garden salad made an excellent menu. The beans, corn, and
lettuce all disappeared in short order (pun intended) G as well as the
hollyhocks in the flower bed.. On numerous occasions I tried to catch him,
but he always slipped through the fence. Finally the good diet was his
undoing. He couldn't make it through the fence, and I caught him in a
corner. I hope he liked the grass menu that he found in the cow pasture
where I released him, but I have a feeling that a hawk or fox had him on
their menu.

John