Old 06-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Cereoid-UR12

Default What kind of tree is it?

What do the flowers look like?

tod wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm wondering if somebody can help me identify a tree. There are four
of them growing in the park across from where I work (Zone 9a). The
trees are each about 20 feet high, with trunks about six wide. It
would make a good shade tree. The bark is rather typical. (You can
tell I'm not an expert or even close by my descriptions. :0)

The leaves are what make the tree more exotic looking than the rest.
They are a medium green, very moist, ovate in shape but with a
pronounced sharp point. Imagine an ace in a deck of cards, but even
more pointy on the end. A bunch of them together give the tree a
layered look. I don't know what else I could tell you in describing
it. I have a book with photographs of thousands of plants, but I don't
know where to start. Thumbing through the book didn't yield anything I
recognized. But maybe if somebody had an idea of the kind of tree,
that might get me in the right direction.

I can provide more info if anyone needs.

tod