Old 06-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Nedra

Default PLEASE someone help me? I'm losing it. (Need pumps)

Wait a minute! lol I sure get lost easily. Lisa, I just
re-read Rich's post. I think he's saying you only need
a 750 gph for the biofilter and then get another Bigger
pump for the waterfall. These pumps can be IN the
pond.
At least my three Beckett pumps are. I have two
Pondmaster pumps that are on stand-by... in case
I have an outage on Sunday night of a 3 day Holiday!

Unwind ...Lisa. It will all work out just fine.

Nedra

"Lisa" wrote in message
om...
Thanks! I've just been getting alot of warnings that my pump plans are
way too extreme. That I'm wanting to get too big of a system for a
1200ish pond. That a 3600 total pump combo is too much. Though no one
seems to be able to tell me what is bad about the concept. Though I
don't really get any answers as to why it would be bad.

Now I just have to pick a pump combo (brand/type). I sure do like the
concept of the sequence external but hate the idea of having to come
up with a houseing box, where to put it so it's invisible, possible
primer thingy (don't have a clue what that even looks like), and the
issue of hearing the pump. Wonder if I could put it in a rubbermaid
container (hinged lid) whereby the box is buried in the waterfall
mound area to have the lid opening sideways/vertical as opposed to the
lid being horizontal, taking up room & sticking out like a sore thumb.
Or if I could put thick house insulation around it to deaden the
sound. LOL Actually, I just wish I could find pumps with that same
wattage & power and be able to have it IN the water.

Why can't the world be perfect?

get the bigger pump you can afford