Old 06-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Fred

Default Aggressive Shub

Thanks for the info. I was, in fact, looking at the little guys and saw
that some of them had the double tail and some just the single. How fun. I
guess now I wait to see how many don't get eaten.

On 5/4/03 2:47 PM, in article , "~
jan" wrote:

I have not seen such aggressive behavior in my small pond with 2 shubunkin
and 3 fantails, though the largest shubunkin has been seen "chasing" the
fantails around from time to time. If this is normal spawning behavior, do
shubunkin and fantails breed, or just hit on each other? If they can breed,
what do the offspring look like?

Curious (in part because I now have a bunch of fry in my pond and I'm
wondering who the moms and dads are),

Fred

Yes, they are all goldfish. You will get a mix of everything that looks
like a fantail to a regular tail and everything inbetween. Even with
breeding only fantails together, one gets single tailed babies. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a