Old 06-05-2003, 07:08 AM
~ jan

Default AlgaeFix anyone??

IMHO, there is no bad algae (exception the blue green algae that is a
bacteria I can't spell, anyone?). There are just water quality issues that
need to be addressed to meet the standards of the ponder.

Fuzz algae, the primo stuff, doesn't wipe off easily, takes a scrub brush
to remove in many situations. ~ jan

I keep seeing reference to the "fuzz" that is only 1-2" in length. The fuzz
that grows in my pond is much longer - maybe 6" in some areas. I am not
sure if this is string algae, since the same stuff seems to adhere to roots
of floaters and other plants but doesn't float freely in the pond itself.
Does is sound like good or bad algae?

TIA,

Fred

On 5/4/03 3:42 PM, in article , "~
jan" wrote:

The important thing is not to kill off the fuzz algae that adheres itself
to the sides and only grows 1-2 inches in length. This can take up to 3
years to get a good crop, continuous use of an algaecide can knock it
back. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~